Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My tribe

The first time I felt it was at McGill University in Montreal. Over a few brief weeks in the Faculty of Education, working together with best friends I had only just met. I realized I was with My people. Shared values and shared experience.

The next time I felt it was was at the Toronto Montessori Institute, where Sheila Fitzgerald and Paula Glasgow welcomed me into a community that would define my Place, for the remainder of my career.

I felt it again this week at Dean Smith's house, at an event hosted by the Center for Montessori Education at Loyola University Maryland. I stood looking out over 100 Educators who had just concluded the Intensive Summer Session and would soon be conferred their Master's Degrees in
Montessori Education. I knew I was looking at the future leadership of the Montessori Movement, a group that would continue to move us in a direction towards the lofty goals that Dr. Montessori held for humanity.

I don't know what "it" is. But it has something to do with the following words that one of the students passed along to me at the end of the program. All I know is that I can't wait to feel it again and I know that I will.

Peace,

Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment