Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The West Coast Swing

I had a lovely trip to California last week to visit the Montessori Institute of San Diego located in the gorgeous La Jolla neighborhood. There was so much energy at the center and it was my pleasure to introduce a new cohort of Loyola students into the graduate program. I enjoyed catching up with Greg MacDonald, the elementary trainer, and the team at the institute. As always, I was treated amazingly by Sharon and Vivian who spoiled me with a dinner out on the harbor; I hope that the Dean is not reading this post because the next time I make it out to the Institute I am definitely tacking on a day to my journey - I need to investigate the WWII aircraft carrier on the bay and the lure of the Torrey Pines golf course is too great.

It was exciting to learn more about the inclusion workshop which was held at the institute in the summer. I could scarcely believe how large a contingent came to the San Diego this summer (over 150 attendees!) to discuss Montessori's application to students with diverse needs. I look forward to watching this seminar continue to grow over the coming years.

Always so much happening at all of the centers and we look forward to orienting new students in Milwaukee, Atlanta and Portland in the coming weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment